Community organisations in Liverpool are being invited to urgently bid for a slice of £86,000 of funding for environmental clean-ups.
They must be based within Liverpool and the proposal must benefit local communities in the city, and only one application per organisation is acceptable.
Project that could be funded include:
- Expanding community clean-ups already taking place
- Providing seed funding to resident groups to carry out clean up activity on high streets and town centres
- Tools and equipment for community groups to tidy up, scrub an area and/ or remove graffiti (e.g. high visibility vests, litter pickers, shovels, brushes, rakes, wheelbarrows, sacks, and gloves)
- Training to empower residents of all ages to remove graffiti or tidy up fly-tipping
- Promotional material
- Community events promoting clean up activity to the wider community.
The funding needs to be allocated by 31st March 2019 and applications need to be received by 4pm on Tuesday 26th March 2019.
Further information and applications can be found here