Several roads will be closed on Thursday 20 August for the funeral of Cilla Black – and the family are requesting that wellwishers do not travel to the church where the service is being held.
The cortege will proceed from Woolton Road, Wavertree at its junction with Church Road North to Blackwood Avenue, Gateacre and then on to St Mary’s Church for the 1pm service.
The family have respectfully requested that anyone wishing to pay their respects should line the two mile route using the whole length of Woolton Road as far as Blackwood Avenue. They politely urge people not to travel to Woolton village as the Church is very secluded and the public will not be able to access the Church or its grounds, as this may compromise the funeral party and invited guests from attending.
To enable the funeral to take place with minimum disruption to residents and businesses and for public safety reasons, it will be necessary to implement some parking and traffic management restrictions from 6am in the morning. These will include:
• Church Road closed to general traffic between Allerton Road and Ridgetor Road
• Mason Street closed from Woolton Street to Church Road
• Mount Street and St Mary’s Street closed to general traffic
• All the above roads will also be subject to parking restrictions
• It may also be necessary to close a section of Allerton Road between Woolton Street and Quarry Street
Cilla Black’s family would like to thank well wishers in advance for their kind cooperation in this respect and also for respecting their privacy at the burial later in the day.
Flags at civic buildings will be flown at half mast.