Ex-Cunard workers are being invited to take tea with the Lord Mayor of Liverpool this weekend to celebrate the arrival of the Three Queens on the River Mersey.
On Sunday 24 May, past staff members who either sailed out of Liverpool on Cunard Ships prior to 1967 (Franconia or earlier) or worked in the Cunard Building when it was the company’s headquarters, will be able to catch up with old colleagues and reminisce in its magnificent surroundings.
And to make the afternoon even more memorable the breath-taking Queen Mary 2 will be berthed outside at the Liverpool Cruise Terminal.
Lord Mayor of Liverpool, Councillor Erica Kemp CBE said: “I am delighted to be welcoming ex Cunard staff to the former HQ of the company during this fantastic event.
“I am sure they will have many tales to tell from their time working for the prestigious cruise line and I am looking forward to hearing them.
“We would have loved to have invited everyone who EVER worked on Cunard but we simply don’t have a teapot big enough!”
Anyone wanting to get involved must have worked for Cunard when their head office was in Liverpool, simply email email@example.com with ALL of the following details:
If you worked on Cunard ships
1. Your name
2. When did you work on Cunard ships out of Liverpool
3. Which ships did you serve on out of Liverpool
4. What position did you work in
5. Do you have your discharge book?
6. Do you have any other evidence of having worked for Cunard
7. Your contact email address / telephone number
If you worked in the Cunard Building
8. Your name
9. When did you work in the Cunard Building
10. Which office department did you work in
11. Do you have other evidence of having worked for Cunard
12. Your contact email address / telephone number