Newsham Park will play host to a FREE community event on Sunday 16 August to promote positive mental health and wellbeing and encourage members of the public to become more active.
Liverpool Community Health (LCH) NHS Trust is part of the Be Creative Network which includes Richmond Fellowship’s Our Time Project, Imagine Mental Health, Pets and Pals and the Time to Change Network.
The Be Creative Network have planned a series of public events including Sunday’s ‘Be Active’ event at Newsham Park (12pm- 2.30pm).
The aim of this event and the series that will follow is to raise awareness of the 5 Ways to Wellbeing which are ‘Give’, ‘Be Active’, ‘Take Notice’, ‘Learn’ and ‘Connect’.
The day will kick off with a performance from the Katumba Drumming Troupe. In addition, there will be a range of free activities on the day including yoga, hoola hooping, table football, table tennis, singing workshops and face painting.
A traditional sports day will also take place with events such as sack races, a three legged race and an egg and spoon race, plus the chance to meet the Liverpool Roller Birds.
Those attending the event will also receive a free goodie bag full of giveaways, health advice and information on how you can look after or improve your mental health and wellbeing.
The 5 ways of wellbeing are listed below:
• Give – Giving to others can really make you feel good inside.
• Be Active – Keeping active can really help to improve your mood. It is known to reduce rates of depression and anxiety.
• Take Notice – Take notice of things around you to keep your mind from wondering to a negative place.
• Learn – Learning new things can really improve your self-esteem and encourage you to increase your social interactions.
• Connect – Connecting with others can help you build relationships and stay emotionally healthy
Being active can help improve your mental health, come along, take part and have fun. No booking required.