Liverpool City Council is making available 136 reconditioned personal computers to voluntary sector organisations, for community use. These are desktop PCs, no laptops are available. They will be installed with Windows 7, Office software and internet connectivity. They have no support or maintenance package attached and are distributed as seen. There is no grant funding attached to the machines.
Organisations are invited to submit a project proposal in line with the priorities below.
• Using IT to improve people’s employability, computer skills, CV writing, job searching.
• Using IT to enable older and/or isolated residents to make use of online resources.
For more information, go to the web page below, select Computers for Communities, and download the guidance document and application form.
Closing date for submissions: 31st January 2014 at 5pm.
Computers must be used to benefit Liverpool residents only.
If you are interested in bidding for any of these computers, then –
1. Read the Computers for Communities Guidance, ensure you understand the eligibility criteria and our priorities
2. Apply via the Word application form. Email it to us at corporate.grants@liverpool;.gov.uk .
3. If you have any questions please contact us on 0151 233 4436.