You will be aware from media communications in recent days about the rapid rise in Covid-19 Infections in Liverpool and the City Region, leading to the city now being put on the government’s official “watch list”. I am writing to you today to;
· Strongly urge you not to allow customers on the premises unless they are wearing a face covering
· Recommend that front of house staff, and those customer/visitor facing must wear face-coverings, and everyone to follow robust social distancing guidelines at all times.
· Staff are strongly recommended to avoid businesses that are not Covid-19 Secure, including pubs, cafes and restaurants that are not implementing the COVID Secure guidelines, and void crowded environments where the risk of transmission is higher.
· Do not accept booking for groups of more than 6, in line with the governments “Rule of 6” that comes into effect from 14th September.
· From 14th September, It is also a legal requirement for businesses to have a system to collect customer details on arrival and to provide those details on request, to the NHS Test and Trace Service. The Business Pack now includes a link to a tool to help you create a QR code to capture these details.
Please read the LCC COVID Business Pack carefully, implement the appropriate measures to make your business COVID Secure, and familiarise yourself with what your business needs to do should you be notified that a confirmed case has been highlighted in your workplaces (whether staff, visitor or customer).
I must underline the urgency and importance of ensuring our businesses are operating as safely as possible, to ensure that we stay open for business whilst keeping the rates of Covid infections low.
Matthew J. Ashton Director of Public Health Liverpool City Council”