Liverpool City Council’s Adult Learning Service (ALS) is offering open days for a range of exciting adult learning opportunities in January.
Learners will be able to enrol in courses such as English, Maths, Children’s Workforce, Spanish, Italian, Arabic, Computers, Guitar, Cookery, Massage, Dog Training, Calligraphy, Flower Arranging, Yoga, and many more.
The ALS will be hosting a number of open days and evening sessions across the city to provide the opportunity to talk to tutors and guidance officers about the courses on offer and what they can do in terms of helping employment and learning new skills. Many of the courses are free to those in receipt of benefits.
It could be that you are:
• Looking for work and need new/more qualifications to get a job
• Trying to get back in to work and would like some guidance about the next steps to take
• In a job but would like to further your career and need extra studying/qualifications to do so
• Wanting to learn a new skill for your own personal interests
Councillor Nick Small, cabinet member for employment and skills, said: “We are changing the way we deliver our service to ensure we are supporting the needs of local people who are trying to get into work. Perhaps you are taking your first steps back into learning or are wanting to progress onto a further qualification to improve your employability skills.
“It could be you want to brush up on your English, maths, and improve your CV and/or interview technique”
Open days and evenings are available to provide the opportunity to speak to a tutor or guidance officer about the courses that interest you, or to find out which courses are right for what you want to achieve. These are on offer at:
• Norris Green ALC – Friday 8th January from 9.30am-4pm
• Newsham ALC – Monday 4th January from 10am-8pm and Thursday 7th January from 10am-8pm
• Park Road ALC – Tuesday 5th January from 10am-8pm and Thursday 7th January from 10am-8pm
• Cavendish Drive ALC – Thursday 7th January from 10am-4pm
There are also specific information and assessment sessions for English and Maths courses at:
• Granby Street ALC – Wednesday 6th January from 9.30am-12.30pm for English courses; 1.30pm-4pm for Maths courses
• Park Road ALC – Tuesday 5th January from 10am-1pm for English; 1.30pm-7pm for Maths
• Newsham ALC – Thursday 7th January from 9.30am-12.30pm for English; 1.30pm-7pm for Maths
• Cavendish ALC – Thursday 7th January from 1.30pm-3pm for both English and Maths courses
• Norris Green ALC – Friday 8th January from 1.30pm-4pm for both English and Maths courses
The ALS is committed to providing an outstanding learning experience carried out by professional, friendly staff that are able to help carve out a personal progression pathway so that you are always clear about your next steps whether that is finding a job, setting up a business or helping with personal and social interests.
Over 10,000 people enrolled in courses last year, making ALS the largest community learning provider in Liverpool. Career-specific courses have been able to offer people the chance to qualify for a certificate in varying levels in their chosen field, for example up to a Level 3 certificate as an early years educator.
ALS can offer a brand new start to people struggling to find work due to a lack of qualifications and put them in a new financial situation as well as providing them with the knowledge and confidence to go forward in their lives and careers.