Liverpool City Council wants your views on its 2016 draft equality objectives
Liverpool City Council is asking for views on its plans to make the city a fairer place to live.
The aims of the Equality Objectives are to promote fairness and equality, celebrate diversity, stop discrimination and promote good relations between communities.
In asking for your views, the council hopes to understand public opinion on the draft objectives, which will be in effect from 2016-2020.
The draft objectives, striving to make Liverpool a ‘strong, diverse city built on fairness’ are:
• Listen, involve and respond to local communities.
• Strengthen our knowledge and understanding of our communities.
• Consultative and accountable leadership making fair and transparent decisions.
• A fair and inclusive employer
• Good quality accessible services, buildings and public spaces