A new Event for the Liverpool cultural diary-Liverpool’s first ever MakeFest serving Liverpool, Merseyside and the North-West is coming to Liverpool Central Library this summer on Saturday June 27th 2015.
The result of collaboration between JMU, the local business and creative tech communities and Liverpool Library and Information Services, Liverpool Makefest is a one day FREE family friendly festival for all ages celebrating the region’s ‘Making’ Culture. It’s a place to see how science, technology, engineering, arts and crafts are shaping our worldâ¦ a place to get you thinking and learning about cool stuff you could make yourself!
The event will consist of
• Demonstrations in the Discover Library of things people have made, projects people are working on, inventions, gadgets and hands-on activities including, build Arduino powered robots , bring drawings to life, test your skills with NERF guns, explore virtual 3D worlds and so much more
• Workshops throughout the day including coding, making pottery dragons, podcasting, get to grip with Raspberry Pi, dabble in woodcraft, and for younger people the Game Pod will be activated with gaming on X box and Minecraft sessions on computers.
• Introduce what’s new in technology such as wearable tech, 3D scanners, 3D printers; creative laser cutters including 3D scan your own head!
• The Library Intellectual Property and Business centre will showcase local successful tech businesses-see their creations, find out how they did it and be inspired. With Liverpool Girl Geeks, Innovators Hub, Liverpool Soup, Republic of Things, Clicky Media, Scraper Wiki, Novoda and many others
• Musical performances -wandering minstrel will be playing unique instruments culminating in stage finale that you definitely won’t forget from the Makey Makey orchestra
There are over 60 stalls to browse and interact with and there are workshops for all ages to have a go at ‘making’. So come to Central Library, explore your creative side and enjoy the geekery
Oh yes! And the Daleks are coming!
We want your festival to be fun, so why not come as your favourite comic geek, superhero, steampunk or Dr. Who character?
We’d love nothing more than to rub shoulders with Storm troopers, Iron Man, The Doctor, Guardians of the Galaxy, Trekkies, Battlestar Galacticaâ¦ whatever floats your geek boat! There will be prizes for the best costume on the day Adult and Under 16’s. So geek out, le geek, c’est chic!