A new Inclusive Growth Plan has today (Friday, 23 March) been approved by Liverpool city council’s cabinet.
The plan spells out a new vision “to create a strong and growing city, built on fairness”.
The city council’s plan has six clear aims to deliver that goal.
- Investing in our children and young people
- People who live well and age well
- Quality homes in thriving neighbourhoods
- A strong and inclusive economy
- A connected and accessible city with quality infrastructure
- Liverpool – the most exciting city in the UK
The Inclusive Growth Plan is supported by a Transformation Plan, which sets out how the city council will change the way it works with residents and stakeholders to deliver these ambitions.
The plan also includes an Investment Strategy, which shows how the council will not only generate income to support services, but also invest in projects and schemes to Liverpool’s economy, bring rundown areas back to life, support communities and create jobs.
You can read the plan in full here