The popular Walton Festival is back again this weekend!
The free event, which returned last year for the first time since the 1990s, is taking place from 11am until 6pm on Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th July at Walton Hall Park.
• A farmers market and a local makers market featuring local traders
• Pets Corner including falconry displays and donkey/pony rides
• A funfair with a ferris wheel, waltzers, carousel and other old time attractions
• Live music stage
• Dance and sport
• Physical activity displays and taster sessions
• Free children’s entertainment and play areas
• A military zone featuring vehicle and displays of equipment
There is also a classic car and bike display on Saturday organised by Aintree Circuit Club, and a 5k fun run on Sunday at 10am.
Walton Festival is being organised with support from Liverpool City Council and local housing associations LHT and LMH.
Councillor Roy Gladden, Chair of the Walton Festival organising committee said: “Walton Festival proved hugely popular when it returned last year.
“We have consulted with schools, community organisations, local businesses and residents about what else they would like to see at the festival as it’s very much their event.
“There is already a buzz in the local community and all we need is for the sun to come out and we’ll be set for a great weekend.”
For the latest about the event search Walton Festival on www.facebook.com.