Fire appliances in Merseyside are helping to warn about a silent killer – carbon monoxide.
They are carrying messages, warning about carbon monoxide, as part of a Gas Safety awareness campaign. Merseyside is the only Fire and Rescue Service in the UK to carry the Gas Safe awareness campaign imagery.
Pictured is Sarah Hill, from Gas Safety Register, who is holding one of the new leaflets which will be handed out by firefighters on the appliances with the new imagery during Home Fire Safety Checks in Merseyside.
She is with Group Manager Gary Oakford who is holding a ToxiRAE monitor which firefighters have to detect levels of carbon monoxide in the locations they are in and the properties they visit.