Beatles fans, schools, choirs and international tourists will come together on Friday 5th October at Liverpool’s Cruise Liner Terminal, Princes Dock to attempt to break a Guinness World Record.
And staff from The Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts co-founded by Paul McCartney have agreed to act as official witnesses on the day.
The record – which currently stands at 897 for the most people singing ‘in a round’ – will see Liverpool once again take its place as a global music capital of the world on the 50th anniversary to the day of the release of The Beatles debut single, ‘Love Me Do’.
Organisers have also revealed final timings for the day’s record attempt taking place at the Cruise Liner Terminal, Princes Dock on Liverpool’s historic waterfront with a backdrop of the Royal Liver Building:-
Important details for the event –
• Only those participating will be allowed into the area which is being monitored for numbers by Guinness World Records and independent witnesses
• All people being counted into the area will need to sing in order for the record attempt to be completed
• Nearest car parks are Princes Dock, Liverpool ONE and The Capital Car Park
• All participants will be given a song sheet with lyrics
• After the event there will be the opportunity to sign up for a certificate should the record attempt be deemed a success
• There is very limited space for observers, none within the confines of Cruise Liner Terminal enclosure itself
• Visitor information can be found at www.VisitLiverpool.com
Legendary Merseycat artists will join some of the freshest local bands and singers including Jem, Indigo Vibe, Audio Zero and The Cheap Thrills, to entertain you as you walk around the Dock with the artists being also showcased in bars and restaurants.
Jerry Goldman, MD of the award-winning Beatles Story attraction says,
“With just a few days to go we are enormously excited about the prospect of breaking a Guinness World Record on the actual date of the 50th anniversary of ‘Love Me Do., but we need people to come and be part of this momentous occasion. There’s no point sitting at home wishing us well on the day. If we missed the record by just one person you’d never forgive yourself!”
Jeremy Roberts Chair of Albert Dock Tenants Business Association said,
“As the home of the Beatles Story we are excited to be supporting Love Me Do Weekend with themed cocktails and menus in many of the venues, the Dock will be filled with the sounds from the Merseybeat as well as the newest artists rising our of Liverpool to celebrate the Fab Four.”
Liza Marco, Property Manager of Princes Dock said,
“We wish those taking part in the record attempt the best of luck. Princes Dock provides an excellent backdrop for this record breaking attempt and it will certainly create a wonderful atmosphere not only for those taking part but also for those working and visiting this world- famous waterfront destination”.
The record-breaking attempt has been created by the award-winning Beatles Story attraction and Albert Dock and is supported by Liverpool City Council.
The event is part of a year-long programme of events across Liverpool City Region to mark ‘Liverpool Celebrates 50 Years Of The Beatles’, co-ordinated by Tourist Board VisitLiverpool.